February 29, 2008

Time Flies . . .



I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last posted. Sometimes it seems as if the world just goes faster and faster while I putter around my life. Here's what Rumi says about it, via Coleman Barks (page 194 of The Essential Rumi):

In a boat down a fast-running creek,
it feels like trees on the bank
are rushing by. What seems

to be changing around us
is rather the speed of our craft
leaving this world.





(photos by Gerry Carriou and can be found here http://www.canoenorthwestontario.ca/sscinclude/acloserlook.cfm/id/9101 )

I have again spent too much time away from my whizzy whacker (also known as a rotary cutter), my olfa mats, my old sewing machine and my new iron. This weekend I vow to:

1) Get half of the remainder of my dad's old quilt quilted; 2) start another project - maybe an embellished green man (I love greenmen); 3) get more work done on the disappearing 9 patch.


What projects will you work on?

1 comment:

jacquie said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm heading out to the farm this weekend. My mom bought a walking foot for her Bernina and I'm going to try machine quilting for the very first time. I'm excited, but nervous. It's supposed to be warm for the first time, so some great walks in the woods will be in order. Enjoy your sewing weekend! Can't wait to see what you accomplish.